They just never stop - those cute and funny Danish words that have a ridiculous direct translation.
Since my last post "Extremely funny Danish words" I've stumbled upon a few more and wanted to share them with you guys!
Format: Literal Meaning = English word (Danish word)
- Smoke-Sticks = Incense (Røgelsespinde)
- Spray-Bath = Shower (Brusebad)
- Baby-Dipping = Baptism (Barnedåb)
- Hanging-Bunk = Hammock (Hængekøje)
- Sucking-Bottle = Baby bottle (Sutteflaske)
- Wasing-Bear = Raccoon (Vaskebjørn)
- On-Sticks = Matches (Tændstikker)
- Summer-Bird = Butterfly (Sommerfugl)
- Breast-Holder = Bra (Brysteholder)
- Moon-Man = Alien (Månemand)
- Lower-Part = Skirt (Nederdel)
- Under-Writing = Signature (Underskrift)