Well, well, well. Here's a milestone. We have now been on the move for an entire year! On our 365th day we celebrated by walking around Krakow, Poland and buying anything we'd like for once instead of being frugal. We ended up feeling quite sick... But now, let's celebrate by taking a look at some statistics - including travel stats, spending stats and fun stats.
Remember that we're slow travellers, digital nomads and budget travellers when considering these stats. Please note that many illustrations have comments that are visible when hovering over them.
Our full itinerary
Our stops (click to enlarge)
*The illustrations for our travel stats are created with Travellerspoint.
Our daily spending averages
Tamara's income and expenses
Distribution of spendings
Here, you can see what we actually spent our money on in the different countries. See comments by hovering. Clicking an image will enlarge it. I apologise for the partial Danish amounts.
- Spent the night in an airport: 3
- Had something stolen: 1 (my beloved travel towel!)
- Gotten sick:
- Alex: 2
- Tamara: 0
- Been screwed over by BlaBlaCar: 2
- Bought Shampoo: 2 (Nono, we don't steal... We just refill...)
- Been double-charged because no one knows how to work American credit cards: 8
- Stayed in...
- A hostel: 8
- An AirBnb: 18
- With a Couchsurfing host: 7
- A hotel: 0
- Had Bedbugs: 1
- T-shirts Alex has out-worn and left behind (not thrown out) along the way: 11
- Journal pictures we've posted on Instagram: 225
- Fights we've had over stupid things: 23
- Languages we've learned to say "hello" in: 7
- Items we've forgotten when moving: 1 (a headphone splitter)
- Shoes we've worn out:
- Alex: 4
- Tamara: 6
- Photos we've saved: 11,107
- Photos we've taken: around 4 times the above
Hope this post was fun to read and maybe even useful! It's definitely fun for us to see it all illustrated like this. And we're ready for take two! If you want to read about our experience in each country, take a look at my personal journal, which I have written into chapters.
Our goal is to scoop you up and trow you right into one of our backpacks, bringing you along on our journey - so jump in. Stay with us for the second year of our humble quest to not be separated by laws and borders.